Zain Javadd "Zayn" Malik (born January 12, 1993), who records mononymously as Zayn, is an English singer and songwriter. Born and raised in Bradford, West Yorkshire, Malik auditioned as a solo artist for the British music competition The X Factor in 2010. After being eliminated as a solo performer, Malik was brought back into the competition, along with four other contestants, to form the boy band that would become known as One Direction. Malik split from the group in March 2015 and signed a solo recording contract with RCA Records.
Friendship with Niall
- Both of them were good friends during the time Zayn was in the band.
- Niall used to consider Zayn as his best friend. He used to tell him everything, even when he was in love.
- Whenever they were mobbed, Zayn always searched for Niall first.
- Niall once tweeted, "I got the lads Christmas presents except for @zaynmalik. I don't know what to get him". Zayn replied, "@NiallOfficial, you don't need to get me anything. Being with you is enough."
- Zayn once said that if he could swap his voice with any of the other boys, it would be Niall.
- Zayn once ate Niall's last chip and as a punishment he tried to eat Zayn's hand.
- Niall once said, "Everytime I hang out with Zayn, I feel like I'm cool too."
- They used to hug each other once at every concert.
- Niall used to annoy Zayn by singing everything in opera. One morning Niall started singing in opera and Zayn slapped him.
- Zayn is really protective when it comes to Niall.
- They both shook hands during the 2016 AMA's.